Sheep Island Shoals Mooring SIS-01
SIS-01 was deployed on 10 July 2000 at 44° 03.32´N and 069° 01.13´W,
outside of Rockland Harbor, to the west of WPB-04. The water depth was approximately 65 meters. The ADCP shows 14
good bins with the deepest bin centered at 62 meters. The data logger stopped
transmitting data in mid-September but data from the instruments were retrieved
after the mooring was recovered.
- Deployed: 10 July 2000 at 1805 UTC by the
R/V ARGO MAINE
- Latitude: 44° 03.32´N
- Longitude: 69° 01.13´W
- Depth: 65 m
- Light List: B
- Recovered: 7 July 2001
- Comments: Very heavy fouling of near-surface instrumentation
- 300kHz RDI Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler S/N 617, 4-meter bins. Lower bins
started to fail in April/May 2001.
- FSI 3D-ACM S/N 1608. Instrument failed during deployment (erratic currents)
- Seabird SBE-1603 Seacats at 1 m (S/N 1569, data ended May 2001), 8 m (S/N 1925, and 40 m (S/N 1926).
Data were recorded internally.
- Measured Currents: hourly averaged and rotated to true north, 4-meter bins from
2 meters to 62 meters
- Winds and Residual Currents:
Measured currents which are low-passed filtered to remove tidal currents:
- Seacat Data from WPB04 and SIS01: hourly averaged and low-pass filtere